Friday, April 26, 2013

April 26, 2013


Today is the last day of my internship at the Pritzker Military Library. Over the course of the last few months, I really enjoyed learning outside of the classroom. In doing research for my PDPs on Nuclear Weapons, Artillery and Heavy Weapons, Wars of the Ancient Greeks, and Wars of the Roman Empire I learned the “talking points” of four subjects of historical significance. I also learned the ropes of the circulation desk and became familiar with the Library of Congress Classification System… Knowledge I was recently glad to have gained as I scoured the stacks at Cudahy. Opportunities were plentiful during my internship, including book readings and signings, author talks in the auditorium, and meetings and dinners where I met contacts for the future and learned of new veterans organizations. Just like on my first day at the library, today there was a book presentation—not a bad way to go out… Author Kathleen Cox discussed and read experts from her new release Destination Unknown: Adventures of a WWII American Red Cross Girl, a story captured from more than 200 original letters written to family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment